Effect of plant density and cultivar on Yield and Yield components of Faba Bean Vicia Faba L. under Ibb Governorate Conditions
University of Aden Journal of Natural and Applied Sciences,
Vol. 27 No. 2 (2023),
This Experiment was Carried out at the Experimental Farm of Faculty of Agriculture and Food Sciences of IBB University during the 2017 / 2018 season to determine the effect of plant density (D) on yield and yield components of the three varieties of broad beans Vicia faba L. Three varieties of bean (Yareem, Shibam 2 and Dhafar 2) and two plant densities D1, D2, 24 and 30 plants / m2 were studied. The experiment was laid out in randomized complete block design (RCBD) with split plot arrangement and three replications. . The main blocks were for plant densities and the sub-block were for varieties. The following characters were studied: Plant length (cm), number of branches / plant, pods length (cm), pods number / plant, pods width (cm) / plant, number of seeds in pods, weight straw (gm) / plant, seed weight (gm)/ plant, pods weight (gm), weight of 100 seeds (gm), harvest index (%) and productivity t/ ha. The results were as followed:
1. Shibam 2 and Dhafar 2 cultivars were significant on productivity t/ ha compared with Yareem cultivar with an average 21 t/ ha, 1.19 t/ha , and 0.79 t/ ha respectively.
2. Shibam 2 and Dhafar 2 cultivars were significant on seeds weight gm/ plant compared with Yareem cultivar with an average 22.68 gm , 21.96 gm and 14.47 gm respectively.
3. Yareem cultivar surpassed on Dhafar 2 ,and Shibam 2 cultivars on 100 seeds weight with average 107.05, 76.26 and 74.72 respectively.
4. No significant effect was found between cultivars and plant densities for all studied characteristics, the same result was found between plant densities
Plant density, Cultivar, Yareem, Shibam 2, Dhafar 2, Vicia faba, Yield and Yield components
How to Cite
- Abstract Viewed: 34 times
- Pdf (العربية) Downloaded: 9 times